The Sanden Eco® Plus Hot Water Heat Pump System works in a different way compared to a conventional electric hot water system. The Sanden Eco® Plus Hot Water Heat Pump System operates like a refrigerator in reverse. It contains a fan that forces air through an evaporator that contains a refrigerant. The heat in the air passes through the evaporator and is absorbed by a natural refrigerant, R744 (CO2), which is ozone friendly and does not contribute to global warming.
The warm gaseous refrigerant is circulated in the system via a compressor. As it passes through the compressor, its pressure rises, as does its temperature. This hot refrigerant then passes through a heat exchanger to heat the water, which is finally pumped to the storage tank.
- A high Coefficient of Performance (COP=5.96^) results in significantly reduced energy use and CO2 emissions
- Up to 50% faster heat recovery than typical heat pumps.
- Uses unique Ozone friendly R744 (CO2) refrigerant
- Simple installation by Plumber & Electrician, with no Refrigeration Mechanic required
- An automatic heating cycle, which makes it perfect for use with power generated by on-roof photo voltaic (PV) solar electric systems.
- Fitted with in-built freeze protection, making it suitable for all climates (-10 ºC to +43 ºC)
- No backup/booster element required (ie. Unlike competitor HWHP systems)
- Whisper quiet operation, with industry leading noise level of 37 dB – very neighbour friendly!
- High quality, weather resistant construction for outdoor location
- 6 year Warranty, including parts and labour.
- 4 x tank sizes offered – 160L, 250L, 300L and 315L.
- High quality, Australian made extra long life 316 Marine Grade stainless steel cylinder.
- Fully insulated for minimal heat loss.
- Mains pressure rated.
- Safety pressure and temperature relief valve supplied.
- 15 year Pro-rata Warranty, including parts and labour.